Not only does this wine cost about 25p a bottle, it tastes absolutely delightful too and with only 3 ingredients, it’s one of the easiest wines I have ever made. Whether you’re mixing this wine with lemonade and serving it chilled on a summers evening or gifting it as a Christmas present, your friends are going to be begging you for more. If you are new to winemaking then I urge you to give this a try because it only needs 3 simple ingredients!
Sweet Red Berry Fruit Tea Wine (25p a bottle)
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Funnel
- 1 4.5ltr Demijohn (or fermenting bucket)
- 1 Airlock
- 1 Spoon (not wooden)
- 20 Red Berry Fruit Tea Bags For best results I would recommend using the supermarket own branded ones
- 1.5 Kg Sugar (for a dryer, less sweet wine use 1.2Kg)
- 1 tsp Wine Yeast
- Add 4 litres of water to a large saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn it down and add the sugar, stirring it until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Add all of the teabags to the simmering sugar water and stir, making sure all of the teabags have been submerged in the water. (be gentle not to split any of the teabags)
- Turn off the saucepan, put the lid on and leave the tea bags steeping in the liquid until cool.
- once the pan has cooled, take the lid off and remove all the teabags with a sterilised spoon.
- Add the cooled liquid to the Demijohn using a funnel and place the airlock in.
- Once the liquid is between 20-25c add the yeast.
- Now your wine can start fermenting, for best results keep it in a warm dark place without fluctuating temperatures like an airing cupboard.
- This wine will clear quite quickly, I suggest racking after about 10 days, and another rack once it has stopped fermenting to keep it simple. A week or so after fermentation has stopped it will be ready to bottle.
- If you're new to winemaking I would advise using a stabiliser once your wine has finished fermenting.
Here are links to the products I was talking about in this video:
Preserving pan: https://amzn.to/34E2laX
Brewing yeast: https://amzn.to/2VgawHs
Plastic DemiJohn and Airlock set: https://amzn.to/3bfyFmY
Winemaking Starter Kit: https://amzn.to/3cozhGU
Stick on thermometer https://amzn.to/2xo7WGd